Three years ago today, Grandpa Poyda passed away. It's hard to believe it's been three years already - time really flies by. Today as I was thinking about Grandpa, I started remembering all of the little things I miss about him. Such as....
1. "Charging" us a quarter every time we called and wanted to talk to Grandma
2. Calling Joni "Joni Bones" (I'm not sure why he gave her this nickname...but it has a nice ring to it!)
3. Driving down to our house and pulling in the driveway just to check things out :)
4. He always got a kick out of how I never got jokes....(Maybe I get that from Grandma!!)
5. Pounding his fist on the table to make his point about something
6. He would always have to steal a piece of chicken that Grandma cooked before the plate made it to the table.
7. He was always so passionate about Jesus - he was a great role model!
Those are just a few of the little things I am missing....Here is a picture with Grandpa Poyda. (This is the only picture that I had of him on CD that was easy to upload to the blog.)
Tabby, what a wonderful post. You can tell you loved your grandpa very much. He was a wonderful person. One of God's finest! I am sure he is still watching over all of you.
ReplyDeleteI think I owed him thousands of dollars for all my phone calls and I miss his drive throughs.
ReplyDeleteSome of my memories go back farther, Tabby. I can still see him twirling Shirley around the dance floor. What a great dancer he was!! And yes, he was a faithful servent to the Lord. He is missed by many---
ReplyDeleteHis nickname for me was missle toes! Did that mean I was fast?? I guess I never questioned it. And yes he would be a millionare if everyone paid him those quarters. I miss him a lot too...and I miss his blue socks! :)
ReplyDeleteaww, how sweet. I just posted something last week very similar to this ( mine is still living but lives 10 hrs from us and I dont see him often). I can just feel howe much you love him!. Loved this post... xoxo LA
ReplyDelete